22 February, 2018

And I think it's gonna be a long long time

Today was our last full day in Vegas, and, for Jen at least, the raison d'être for our trip:  Sir Elton.  We started with a trek to the Luxor to view the permanent Titanic exhibit that has been housed there since 2008.  We were surprised, pleasantly, by it; we were expecting a few odds and ends stuffed into curio cabinets and were instead treated to an extensive multi-room exhibition that was well-curated and portrayed with thoughtfulness and dignity to the tragedy and the people involved.





After a quick luncheon in the food court, Jen and I made our way back. Eric and Dominae opted to cab back, as Eric was not feeling well.  This was the first sign of the sickness that would eventually affect us all in the aftermath of our travels and still lingers even as I write this a week later.

Eric's unwell state would prevent he and Dominae from joining us later for dinner at Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill just before the concert. Jen and I went alone, and enjoyed it eve as we missed the company of our friends.  However, they would find us later at our seats in the Coliseum where Elton John would soon be regaling us with countless songs on his piano.









Finally, the concert. It was incredible. I wasn't sure what to expect, really. I enjoy Elton John's music, but I wouldn't call myself a devoted fan.  However, I was blown away by his playing and voice, and his humor, often self-deprecating. Wonderful.