20 August, 2022

Convalescence

After the trial of yesterday, I wanted a day with little to no activity for G to rest and recover.  I let him sleep late; too late for breakfast but the hotel staff took pity and fed us anyway; and we went back to the room so he could sleep some more.  He is still very shaky, and I feel reassured that my decision to cancel Inverness was the right one.

We did end up going out for a bit, wandering the streets during Saturday Festival (masks on of course), and visiting the National Museum of Scotland.
























I love the museum's architecture.  Its iron and glass-domed mid 18th century central structure is very clearly inspired by Crystal Palace, and is reminiscent of the Natural History Museum in Oxford.











A Madame Curie living statue.  She didn't break character even when the wind blew her box's lid closed, though she did artfully shift position to indicate that someone should re-open it (which I did, and dropped in some money in appreciation).






A look down at Victoria Street.